Unable to download Retrospect V7.0 User's Guide .pdf

BitPusher

I'm running Windows XP SP1 and IE 6.0 and have been trying to download the Retrospect V7.0 User's Guide with no success.

I go to Support/General FAQ/ and select "Where can I get the Retrospect 7.0 for Windows User's Guide"

When I select that a NEW IE window opens but it has a box with a red "X" in the upper left hand corner of that new window, but nothing downloads. The link in the address bar of that new window is:

http://kb.dantz.com/al/12/1/7929.pdf

However, on the main Support page there is a "Retrospect 6.5 for Windows User's Guide (PDF format)" link under "Hot Topics" and when I select that the CURRENT IE window is updated and by selecting the PDF icon I get the "save as" popup window. I didn't actually download the file, but it looks like it would have worked.

I figure I must have some kind of IE setting wrong but I have no idea which one it might be since I'm not having problems downloading anything else.

I would appreciate if anyone has any ideas on how I might be able to successfully download the V7.0 User's Guide.

Thank You,

Carl E. Johnson

Thanks Howard for the reply

Actually I had tried several times over a week period but was never able to download the file using the Support/General FAQ link I mentioned.

However, I did as you said and right-clicked on the link in my original message, and lo and behold I got the "Save target as" popup and was able to successfully download the V7 User's Guide. I never thought about typing the link and then right-clicking on it - never had to do that with anything before.

It would be interesting if your Firefox can download the document by following the Support/General FAQ link.

Thanks again,

Carl E. Johnson

Archived