Error 206

ng555

Hi:I just did my first backup using Restrospect Professional 6.5. OS is Win XP SP1, backing up to cdr. It took 20 cds and all went without a hitch except for member #17. I got error code 206. I verified the media and it said it was damaged. Is there any way to know what was on this part of the backup so I can just re-do the one member of the backup? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nancy

Marc:

(or anyone else that can help)

I marked member 17 as missing and did another backup but it didn't include that data. It only picked up 3 files that had changed since the last backup. I keep trying to read the manual--maybe it's because I'm a little technically challenged, but it doesn't seem to have very straightforward answers. Help, please.

Thanks,

Nancy

Are you telling me the files are no longer on my hard drive? They are still there. I haven't removed any files. It was over 7000k in size (member 17). I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to give me some detailed step by step instructions so that I can try to re capture this info on the backup and not have to start all over. I've looked at the book again and again and it's just not making any sense. I marked the member #17 as missing but maybe I didn't do everything I should have. I then did an immediate backup and the info was not picked up on the backup.

Thanks again,

Lost in Backup Land(aka Nancy)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived