DVD Rewritable Recorders

Huw_1

At the moment I'm using Express for CD recording but my PC is virtually full now and I need to do some more extensive archiving. At the moment the files of my hard drive fill about 23 rewritable CDs (about 11GB) which I keep backing up to every week, so if I want to archive stuff it's going to be quite a large amount of CDs especially so because I would like to have two copies. Therefore DVDs seem to be the answer, but I don't know much about DVDs. I can see that you can get rewritable DVDs and recorders but does Express use DVDs? Could someone please advise me on the pros and cons of converting to DVDs?

Thank you

Hi

A lot of DVD burners are supported in the newest version of Retrospect (6.5). DVD support in older Retrospect versions is fairly limited.

The Dantz Hardware compatibility list has supported drives listed. DVD is a good way to go if you want to use optical media for backups. Speed, reliablity are good and capacity are much better than CDs.

Thanks

Nate

I have version 5.6.132 of RE. How do I find out what DVD burners are supported by this version? It mentions about some kind of support for DVD-RAM in the instructions but I don't understand what it's saying. And I don't understand why the RAM bit. I know what RAM stands for but not when added to the abreviation DVD in this way.

Archived