Jump to content

DVD device not seen


walld

Recommended Posts

I'm using Retrospect BU Pro 6.5 with a Plextor PX-712A that the Dantz web site shows is qualified. However, the program shows "No backup devices found" in the Configure - Devices - Enviroment page. Refresh does nothing and the DVD shows up in both explorer and my computer and works fine. I am trying to use +RW unformated disks. Any suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

 

Remove the disc from the burner and try it again.

Is this an internal drive? How is it connected to the computer? Are you using any cable adapters?

 

Is there any mention of the drive or drive ID in the configure->devices->environment tab?

 

You might want to try running the ASPIINST.exe utility in the Retrospect program folder.

 

Thanks

Nate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi ,

Thank you both for the tips. This is an internal drive connected as master on secondary EIDE channel with no adapters. I did run ASPIINST but no luck. Drive is seen in explorer and my computer and no drive, CD or DVD, is visible in configure->devices->environment tab. Clicking refresh does not help with or without a disk in the drive.

Thanks again,

Walt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

With Retrospect closed, check in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Retrospect folder for any files named "DEVICEnn.RDI" - if so, rename them to "DEVICEnn.RDI.OLD" then start Retrospect and retry.

 

My problem (may not be yours) was that I was using the Driver database that came with Retro, which did not support my Plextor PX712A - I created a custom config; I config'd it with +R media, then while it was checking this out and creating a custom driver, I found the Driver update on Dantz - so I downloaded it, then by that time, the custom driver had been created, I closed Retro, installed the new driver update, started Retro and inserted a -R media - didn't work - even though the new driver update supported -R media with my drive, since I had created a custom config, this overrides the driver database, and since I had only inserted +R media for Retro to use in creating the custom config and NOT -R, -R media was considered to be "un tested" and not usable. I could have re-done the custom config and inserted -R and +R media, but instead, I found the above files (these are the custom driver files) and deleted them - this causes Retro to revert to using the driver database.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...