DVDs and Retrospect

tomster

Using a Plextor PX-708UF DVD burner on an xp pro machine with TDK DVD+RWs

I have checked the box that says "don't allow scheduled and waiting processes to start"

If I put a blank unformatted DVD in my drive... Retrospect immediately starts a process to erase it.... and never finishes.

The only way I can stop the process is to turn off the DVD drive, use Task Manager to shut down Retrospect, and I have what appears to be a brand new unusable CD, because it is not formatted, not erased and will not be recognized by either XP or Retrospect.

Anyone else having this problem... or know a way around it... or a way to recover the DVD????

I am putting the DVD in to format it... but with retrospect closed... XP will not recognize it and does not give me a format option - but that is another issue. For now, I would just like to recover several DVDs that have no data and are not usable.

Tomster

Tomster,

So Retrospect is just sitting there idle with no backups pending or running in the activity monitor?

Have you tried cancelling all pending executions, going to the configure->devices window in Retrospect and running an erase? It will take a long time but it should at least finish.

Nate

Archived