Feature request for "skip this client"

Lennart_T

It occationally happens that a client's backup is very slow. This client is (of course) in a locked room in the other end of the building. I would like to say to Retrospect to skip this client and continue with the next one in the script. The only way to get around this is to stop the current script, make a new custom script and run it.

Quote:

The options of your scripts have a client speed threshold. Does that not work the way you want?

Hi.

No, it doesn't (really) work. If I set a fairly high speed, it will stop a fast client when there is a large amount of (very) small files in a folder (so that folder backs up slowly). If I set a fairly low speed, it will not stop ANY client. And it will stop any client that "happens" to be very busy for a short while.

Regards

Hi.

Another case: My co-worker had to work this weekend. When he was connected to our customer's network the backup started on his PC (in the middle of our "weekend" script). The only way he could get going again was to pause the backup until his work was finished a few hours later. However, he left for home forgetting to resume the backup. So we didn't get all clients backed up this weekend.

If he could just skip his own PC, everything would be just fine. No risk of forgetting to resume the backup.

Regards

Lennart

Archived