Order of Sources in Proactive backup

marchem

I recently upgraded to Single Server 6.5 from 5.6. In 5.6 the activity window would list the sources in order of time from last back up, so you could quickly tell which sources hadn't been backed up recently. It seems that the Activity Monitor window for Proactive doesn't maintain that sort order, so you have to scroll through the list to see if there's something that's not getting backed up.

Is this a bug, a feature, or is there some setting I'm missing?

Thanks, Rob

Hi

Have you tried looking at the backup report on the Reports menu? It doesn't move around like the proactive sources so it should give you more of what you are looking for.

In the settings for the backup report you can change the view options too. I suggest performace data format.

Thanks

Nate

I find the backup report has much more detail (which is nice if you need it, but for a quick check I don't). I also have to expand each computer to see the status of the drives on the computer. Too much scrolling smile.gif

I'm backing up about 20 computers (set for every two days), so the Activity Monitor window is able to display them all at once. If it listed them on reverse order of last backup, then the ones that hadn't been backed up recently would be at the top and it would be quickly obvious who wasn't getting done.

5.6 did it that way and I really got used to it. I was surprised that 6.5 didn't sort them that way, in fact, I can't tell how it is sorting-there is some sort of date/time series, but mixed in are machines that haven't been backed up in weeks. Odd.

It's nothing terrible, but I thought I'd ask if there might be some way to make it sort the way I want (isn't it always that way?).

Thanks, Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Archived