error -3043 (the maximum number of Snapshots has been reached)

dbookbinder

I recently got this error when attempting to back up my C drive to a USB hard drive. Please explain what happened and what its significance is (and how to avoid such errors in the future). I was running a Duplicate of my C drive.

Thanks,

David

+ Duplicate using Duplicate Drive C to Drive H at 11/4/2004 11:13 PM

VssWAddVolToSnapshot: AddToSnapshotSet failed for volume \\?\Volume{7b0ed122-db9f-11d8-92b2-806d6172696f}\, winerr -2147212521, error -3043

Can't use Open File Backup option for System (C:), error -3043 (the maximum number of Snapshots has been reached)

To volume C on Buslink_40g (H:)...

Quote:

How do I determine the number of snapshots? Since what I'm doing is a Duplicate, not a Backup, I would have imagined that there were no snapshots (though I confess I'm not sure I know what a snapshot is).

- David

In Retrospect, use Help and search for "snapshot".

The 3rd item listed is "The Snapshots tab".

Print that.

Then in REtrospect, open the Configure Backup Sets.

Choose a Backup set.

Choose Properties, then choose the Snapshots tab and follow the instructions you just printed,

Thanks. Your information, however, confirms that this error message makes no sense. I was doing a Duplicate, not a Backup, when I got the error. There was no Backup Save Set being used; Duplicate merely duplicates the files on a file-by-file basis. I don't know what error really occurred, but the Snapshot error message makes no sense in the context of a Duplicate operation.

Nate?

- David

Quote:

Thanks. Your information, however, confirms that this error message makes no sense. I was doing a Duplicate, not a Backup, when I got the error. There was no Backup Save Set being used; Duplicate merely duplicates the files on a file-by-file basis. I don't know what error really occurred, but the Snapshot error message makes no sense in the context of a Duplicate operation.

Nate?

- David

Of equal significance is that you posted your query about 35 hours ago and Dantz has yet to bother responding in this forum.

Archived