Newbie seeking setup advice

Dipen

Having just installed Maxtor one touch with Retrospect 6 software, I am confused about how to set up the disk. I had thought I could set up folders on the disk as I do on a normal HDD. This option does not appear to be available. Can anyone help with advice on this point.

Also, should I backup in the just documents or apps and documents mode.

I am running XP home formatted NTFS but have left the Maxtor on FAT32. Is this correct, or the best approach.

I find the directions a little confusing and would appreciate it if someone would share with me their own approach to setting up the one touch, and their process for backing up.

Quote:

Having just installed Maxtor one touch with Retrospect 6 software, I am confused about how to set up the disk. I had thought I could set up folders on the disk as I do on a normal HDD. This option does not appear to be available. Can anyone help with advice on this point.

By setting up folders on the disk, do you mean partitions on the disk? Since your OS is WinXP, you should partition your disk using NTFS. Using NTFS, you are not limited in the size of your partitions as you would be using FAT32.

Quote:

Also, should I backup in the just documents or apps and documents mode.

I am running XP home formatted NTFS but have left the Maxtor on FAT32. Is this correct, or the best approach.

I find the directions a little confusing and would appreciate it if someone would share with me their own approach to setting up the one touch, and their process for backing up.

I'm not sure what you mean here. I think you should Backup your C drive so you can recover from a disaster. You can also Duplicate your drive.

Archived