Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Verification'.
Hi, I've been using a copy script to backup from a NAS(ext4) to an external HD (HFS format). The operation completed and took nearly 9 hours for about 95,000 files. On verification roughly 80 files show a compare error "different data size". Is this to be expected when copying between different filesystems? Would I be better off with a backup script rather than copy, which I only used as I didn't want an incremental backup? Thanks
For clarity, I'll name the two following media set references "Media Set 1 Verify" and "Media Set 2 Backup": I ran a routine Verify session on my LTO 4 tape media set "Media Set 1 Verify." Prior to this verification, each of the 8 tapes in the media set reported an estimated compressed capacity of 1.6TBs and had used between 850GBs and 990GBs per tape. All good for this LTO 4 media…so far. After the verification, which automatically picked and read each tape in the set during the process, the reported estimated compressed capacity now shows as 12.8TBs per tape. YIKES! I know Retrospect will always use each tape until full or to failure but I'm REALLY missing the ancient Retrospect 6 feature of being able to assign/override estimated capacity. Anybody got any ideas on how to get the estimated capacity back to 'normal?' I'm going to rebuild this catalog as 'Fast Catalog Rebuild' is selected for all my tape media sets. I'll report back once complete. A second issue which presented itself during this media verification: While "Media Set 1 Verify" was running, so was "Media Set 2 Backup," a different LTO 4 media set in this same T80 Library. Since upgrading to Retrospect 10.5.0, I've had to manually move an erased tape into an available drive when Retrospect showed the "Media Needed" icon and "Waiting for Media" message for both media sets on this Library. However, all of a sudden "Media Set 2 Backup" started properly picking the next erased media as each tape filled. It continued to do so until "Media Set 1 Verify" was complete. Then it reverted to it's previous 'manual tape insertion' requirement when the current tape was filled. Note that all tapes in this Library are LTO 4, are either already assigned/named for a given media set or are 'erased' and ready for use by any media set. I'm checking for drive and library firmware updates now to ensure they are current. The fun continues. -Steven