Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by markslang

  1. I am having problems with one backup script. I regularly do a file backup alternately to two different NAS drives. Yesterday, the script for one of the drives failed, saying it could not find the disk. I went to the backup set properties, and it showed the address as \\N7700PRO\Backup\Backup. The correct address is just \\N7700PRO\Backup. I selected the properties, picked advanced, and entered the correct address. It showed in the window. I closed the properties dialog. However, when I immediately opened the properties dialog, it had the old, wrong address again. I cannot get it to save the correct address. The index file exists, and the full backup set is still at the correct address on the NAS drive. The other backup script, for a Synology NAS, still works fine. It is identical except for the disk address. I have noticed a few times in the last few weeks that I had to enter the password for the N7700PRO script as it was executing. I attached a shot of the backup set properties after I made the change and then opened properties again. Please let me know how I can get around this problem. This is the first time in many years I have had such an issue. I know you changed how remote drives are processed in the latest update, and I wonder if that is related. Thanks. I am running Retrospect Desktop on Windows 10 1903.
  2. I recently had some problems with my Windows 10 laptop, and I had to make the feature upgrade to Windows 10 1903, the latest version. This upgrade actually went well. However, I noticed that, after the upgrade, Retrospect Desktop16 is much slower to start than it was before. I get the Windows user account acceptance box just as quickly. However, the Retrospect UI is slower to come up. Once that is up, the default options screen, which used to come up almost immediately, usually takes a few seconds. The most unusual thing it that, several times, after the default options screen came up, I clicked the close button in the upper left hand corner, and nothing happened. It closed after about 5-10 seconds delay. It used to close almost immediately, as do almost all windows. As far as I can tell, the backups are still working. I have been waiting for all those delays to settle out. Then, I select a macro I have for my regular backup from the Run option in the menu, and the backup seems to proceed just as fast as before. This does not seem to be causing any real problems. Nevertheless, the behavior, especially the delayed response to the close button on the default screen, makes me wonder if something is going on in the new version of Windows that Retrospect does not expect or must adjust to in some way. It seems to be doing something new in the background that keeps the UI from responding at startup. I just don't want to get any issues with the backups or restores.
  • Create New...