Retro 10.0.1 very buggy

Mac OS X 10.6.8 server, Mac Pro 8 core 2.8 ghz, 16 GB RAM, ATTO H680 SAS card, HP LTO-5 tape drive, Retro 10.0.1 server and clients

Having same problems on multiple servers:

Retro randomly loses communication with clients every few days, and does NOT report that error via email

Retro says "media set is in use" when it isn't - have to repair the media set (a disk) and then it runs again - again no error email. Seems to be better if I leave the console running on the server itself.

RetroISA causing kernel panic on clients and must be disabled.

I have reported this previously and gotten NO replies.

• 4 weeks later...

Retrospect 10.1 is basically unusable with clients. They randomly disappear, and the server has to be restarted, or sometimes they have to be deleted and re-added back as sources. In addition, when these errors occur, retro is not send notification emails, even though the email test function works and I get those emails. It also randomly says "media set is in use" when it isn't. The only fix for that is to repair the media set, apparently.

I have these problems across three servers and many clients so it is not a random bug. How do people live with this junk?

I didn't buy the support package so no doubt they will charge me for support.

This is shameful.