Autoloader LIB-162-AIT

I Just received a Sony LIB-162-AIT.

I connected the Sony LIB-162-AIT to a Mac G3, with, OS 10.1.4, Adaptec 2930U SCSI Card

and I can see the AIT drive, the the loader will not show up. If a tape is loaded into the drive you can use that tape to backup devices.

To switch tapes remotly I have a work around (way around). I can boot into os 9.2.2 open retrospect 5.0, move the next tape into the drive when needed and reboot into OS 10.

I am not sure what the issue is here, a driver in OS 10 this is missing? I am a bit disipointed in that I researched all of this quite extensivly befor purchasing all of this equipment. According to dantz customer support and the compatiblity list this all should have work.

Is there somthing I am missing?

I'm curious to see why you said that. Is this for connectivity issue? I know that many tape drives will not exceed 12 MB/sec compressed transfer rate. I have Qualstar TLS 4210 using wide 68 pin but I am connecting it to my PowerMac G3 using Ultra narrow 50 pins and it works fine. I think it's ridiculous to spend $400 on Adaptec's only supported ultra wide 39160 for OS X when I can use 2930U.

• 3 weeks later...

For some people, this works.

The website link that Irena noted above explains that we have found that you cannot connect the 68pin to the 50 pin and have it work flawlessly with OSX. If it works - more power to you! Great!

Archived