"Incompatible" restore set that was working.

Sietsemr

I am using Maxell CD-R 650 mb 1x to 16x Certified (though I wouldn't excactly call them high quality).

It is the same device as used to burn them. Actually, it was very strange. I did a restore to a previous point using the CDs and then I couldn't read the CDs anymore. As for verification, I don't honestly know. I would assume so since it is the default. However, since my attempt at going to a previous restore point did not accomplish what I wanted (the computer continued to crash on a certain program even though it had worked at the point in time I restored to), I formatted the computer. I have since reinstalled the Retrospect and configured the drive appropriately but I am still unable to read the previous CDs.

Is the device supported natively or did you create a custom driver? If your custom driver was created in an earlier version of 6.5 and/or an earlier version of the driver update, sometimes you will need to "recreate" a driver, however be warned this may have an impact on current cd data sets, so you should back up any custom driver files before trying this.

Archived