Still Lose OS X Clients

dvalley

I am running Single Server 6.5 on a Win 2000 Server. I have no trouble backing up my Windows clients or Mac OS 9 clients, but my OSX clients always fail. I can manually back them up, but the automated script will always return with "Can't access volume". I have moved the backups to the workday so that sleep would not be a problem, but no luck. I just added another OSX (Panther) to the client list and have the same problem. I turn off sleep (especially pause hard drive), and can manually connect, but no automation. I am desperate as one of the Macs is my boss' and it hasn't backed up in weeks! dvalley@accustandard.com

Hi

To clarify:

If you start a manual backup of a mac client it will work? However a scripted backup always fails? Is this true if you leave Retrospect open at night so it doesn't have to auto launch?

Have you specified a user to run Retrospect as in the Retrospect preferences?

Thanks

Nate

I have noticed (I almost forgot) that I have several OSX Mac as servers (not running server software). They back up fine. My boss shuts down his Mac nightly. Under OS9, Retrospect would delay the shutdown. I do not see this under OSX. Can this be turned on? This may be my whole problem.

Archived