Can't save Snapshot in Backup

reblake

Can't save Snapshot in Backup Set A - Daisy, error -1019 (not enough resources)

I am runnung Win XP sp2 and backing up a main system and 2 remotes... it will not save the snapshot of the C drive... the others seem to work OK

Any help would be great, I have looked everywhere and connot find any good information

Hello,

Disabled the open files option and it still has the same problem...

I have narrowed the error down to a folder with 500K files in it... all Jpg and tiff images. Is there some sort of limit on the number of files Pro can handle in a single volume??? If I move the directory with my images then the problem follows it.

I have 512m memory on this machine and only started having this problem when I added the last 10k of records...

Hi

The number of files can have something to do with it. 500K files and folders is a lot to list up in memory. You may need to add some RAM to the machine or enlarge the swap file.

I work with some people here who take volume snapshots with 2.5+million files with no trouble. All the file and folder names are double byte Japanese characters so they take up twice as much memory as a regular file name. They have 2GB RAM in the backup machine.

Nate

Archived