Disaster Recovery CD Not Bootable

slapidus

I created my Disaster Recovery image file and copied it to a CD using Roxio CD Creater and specifying the ISO standard. However, when I reboot my system (warm and cold) it does not boot from the CD. I didn't check the BIOS setting because other bootable CDs (Norton System Works, Norton Anti-Virus, and Windows XP) all boot successfully when inserted.

Any ideas why the Retrospect DR CD does not boot???

Thanks.

Steve

Nate, prior to reading your note, I tried creating the ISO CD by copying the image file to my "current project" and changing the "Data CD / Joliet" to "ISO9660" (double clicking field at the bottom of the Roxio window); I then hit the "Record" icon.

After reading your note, I tried File | Record CD from CD Image ... selected ISO as the file type, and browsed until I found the Retrospect ISO image file. Within about a minute, the image was created. I then rebooted my system and was able to boot from the CD!

I then followed the Retrospect "Disaster Recovery Information" text, up to Step #3. Everything appeared fine and so rather than run the risk of proceeding and making unnecessary changes to my running system, I simply hit F3 and Quit. I assume if I were in a real disaster recovery situation, selecting volume C as the partition being restored would have been sufficient.

With your assistance over the past two days, I've developed a positive perspective on this product and have recommended it to my wife's company, since they have no backup procedures in place for their server and desktops (small real estate company). They are presently evaluating my recommendation.

Thanks again for all your help.

Steve

Archived