How do you uninstall the Linux client?--it can't be found anymore.

shasta

Hello. We use Retrospect 6 on Mac OS X and it can no longer find our most important Red Hat Linux client. It was having no problems before and we're unaware of any changes either on the network or in the client. Can someone be so kind as to give exact uninstallation instructions of the client software on the Linux box? It would be most appreciated. I will then reinstall it and see if that fixes it. Is there a service that I should stop first before uninstalling, by the way? Thank you!

Still no luck. I su into root and type: rpm -e retroclient-6.5.108-1 and I get nothing. Then I try to reinstall by typing rpm -i retroclient_65_linux.rpm and I get:

package retroclient-6.5.108-1 is already installed.

Is there a service I should stop first? Thanks for any help.

Hi

So this is RedHat right? Which version?

Try this

#rpm -qa | grep retro

That should give you the exact name of the retroclient package that is installed. Then run rpm -e on that name.

After that run the command again to make sure it was removed.

#rpm -qa | grep retro

Thanks

Nate

• 1 month later...

Hi natew, I hope you see this. This is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 2).

Is it the case the Retrospect does not support this release? I have succesfully killed and restarted the service at /usr/local/dantz/client/retroclient -daemon only to have it drop out of the network again after a few minutes or a few days.

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not require the server to be rebooted, correct?

The output from your command is retroclient-6.5.108-1.

Archived