Can't Set Up Mailboxes For Backup

I'm using Retrospect 6.5 running on Windows 2000 to back up an Exchange 2000 Server.

I have created a user on the server called "rbu" who is an Administrator, and a member of Domain Admin, Domain Users, and Backup Operators.

I have Retrospect set to always run as rbu. I have verified that rbu has a functioning logon account with a functioning mailbox.

When I attempt to set up mailboxes in the Volumes Database, clicking on the Mailboxes button gives me an error: "Can't track volumes, error -3421" and I see this line in the log: "T-2: TMapiConnection: Unable to use profile, win error 0x81002746". The log confirms that Retrospect is running as the user rbu. (However, strangely, the top bar of the Retrospect program does not indicate this as it should according to the user manual- could this be because I am accessing the backup computer via RDC?)

I have been sitting on hold waiting for Dantz technical support for 68 minutes so far, which is unacceptable. Even Microsoft tech support picks up faster than this. I can't stay on hold all day, I may have to give up soon, so hopefully somebody here will have an answer for me, as phone support is not happening.

• 3 months later...

Archived