Any Help Appreciated with retrospect :)

i am currently running multi server v6.0 and i have a few questions which are really troubling me frown.gif

I want to tell retrospect to carry on with its schedules if a specific tape is not present:

e.g. Our admin staff forget to put in the right tape one day, retrospect sees this, and stops all action until i come in next which could be up to 5 days later. Can i tell it well you dont have tuesdays tape on tuesday so send a warning or an email to me and then on wednesday if wednesday tape is there carry on with your job. Probably easier that i think smile.gif

The other problem which i am having is if this happens, i log in remotely to the windows box via RDP and try and open retrospect and it says sorry retrospect is in use arggg i know it is because its caught up on some muppet not changing the tape.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be great.

Adrian

Quote:

The other problem which i am having is if this happens, i log in remotely to the windows box via RDP and try and open retrospect and it says sorry retrospect is in use arggg i know it is because its caught up on some muppet not changing the tape.

The only solution to this that I can think of is to use PCAnywhere from Symantec. PCA actually lets you work with the one existing session instead of opening a new one like RDC. I like both, but PCA works better for me with servers running Retrospect.

Archived