Pioneer DVR-104

After learning Dantz no longer offers free tech support to loyal upgrade customers, I'm posting here in hopes of getting my new Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-R burner to work with Retrospect Desktop 5.0 on a G4/733, Mac OS 9.2.1. I bought this drive specifically because it's on the compatible devices list.

So far, 5.0 recognizes the drive, then hangs as soon as I load a DVD-R disc. Probably some simple solution, yet I'm not willing to pay $70 for the answer two weeks after I spent another $100 upgrading to 5.0.

Anyone out there in similar circumstances whose found a solution? I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Well, after bellyaching, I found my own solution: create a separate extension set with only the 9.2.1 Base extensions plus the Retrospect extensions. I'm now burning blissfully at 68mb/min to an Apple DVD-R disc.

My apologies to the accounting Guru at Dantz if this means a few people don't spend the $70 asking tech support my previous question.

By the way, if the fee had been $25 or a reasonable time based rate, I would have spent it gladly to save myself the time....

Archived