Incompatible???

Have recenetly upgraded to R6.0 for MAC and have gone through the whole configuration process for the new internal Pioneer DVD 107D drive which is supported. But when I try to restore files from previous backups I get an 'incompatible' alert, which I assume is refering to the drive? What to do?-desparately in need if some old files.

Hi

According to the dantz hardware site this drive is not yet supported natively in Retrospect. I suspect the autoconfiguration was unable to use packet writing so it configured the drive for Track at once writing. The problem is your old disks were created with packet writing so this new drive can't read them.

Unfortunately your only options for restoring old sets is to wait for Dantz to release a driver or to use a different drive

Thanks

Nate

Hi Nate again

have now moved to another machine to try to restore some files.

A powerbook running 10.3.3 with the built in CD drive (ATAPI-A:0:) Matshita CD-RW CW-8122 (Vers.)BA21 (driver) Panasonic CD-RW (5.11)

I have tried to retrieve files, rebuild backup sets,verify backup sets and get the same message 'content unrecognised'. What can I do to get my data back.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow response.

Does this happen with every disk in the set? Rather than try a restore just open the configure devices window to see if the disks are visible/ readable.

Media failure can cause this kind of error so we want to try every disk if needed.

Nate

• 10 months later...

Hi

Please give the make and model of the drive you are using and your OS. Also tell us the version of Retrospect you used to create the disks that cannot be read. If you know the make and model of the drive the backup was created on that would be great too.

Thanks

Nate

I'm using 867MHz powerPC G4 with about 800mg ram. System 10.3.9

With Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-107D

It's a while back but as i remember the original drive was an 8500 Power PC running 9.1

Retrospet originally was 4.3C upgraded to 5

Hope this is of some help.

regards

Peter

Archived