Sony CD-RW CRX216E ?

I cannot trace any info about the compatability or otherwise of the Sony CD-RW CRX216E with Retrospect v6 running under Windows XP, nor will 'Configure' detect the device.

Any suggestions to help overcome the 'configure' problem would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Dave.

Randy - many thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried the 'devices visible using NT passthrough' as an alternative setting but unfortunately the CD-RW still isn't accepted as a suitable device.

Does anyone else know: a) when this CD-RW drive might become compatible with Retrospect ?, and, B) what to do meanwhile ? TIA

Regards,

Dave.

Have since tried the Custom Configuration option in Retrospect v6.0.206 with 'devices visible using NT passthrough' selected, but found that the 'blanking disc' process continued apparently endlessly (at least 10 minutes).

I was unable to stop the process and extract the test CD via the dialog 'stop' button - this was possible only after shutting down the process via XP's taskbar and rebooting the PC.

Regards,

Dave.

I have upgraded to Retrospect v6.5 and tried again the Custom Configuration option, but the 'blanking disc' process seems to continue for too long.

Does anyone know approximately how long this should take to complete ? (Neither the software dialogs nor the User's Guide give any indication.)

Regards,

Dave.

Success ?!? A Custom Configuration has been completed for both CD-R & CD-RW formats - the 'blanking disc' phase with the CD-RW format took around 20-25 mins.

I'll report back if I encounter any problems when I use Retrospect for a formal backup.

Regards,

Dave.

Archived