1013 Malformed Name Error - Only on Unattended Backup - HELP!

ptep

Malformed Name Error - 1013........We have a script we created to run overnight/unattended backups. The host computer reaches out to a "mapped" drive that is located on our server. Everything had been working fine, permissions were not an issue and neither was the 1013 error. Suddenly and without warning, the 1013 malformed name error appeared and we have been unable to run these unattended backups overnight. However, if I load Retrospect manually and choose Immediate Backup on the same script, the scipt runs fine without the error. Any explanation? You should know that we did try the scandisk and chkdsk on the drive and found no errors. Please advise.

Hi

Can you backup subvolumes on the mapped drive?

You could do a search on the mapped drive for files that were modified or created on the day you started having trouble. That way you could at least look for a long filename or something. Does the error occur if you leave Retrospect open all the time (i.e. so it does not have to autolaunch)

What OS and Retrospect version are you using? What OS is the fileserver runnning?

Nate

We do not have subvolumes. The error occurs when we close retrospect and let it autorun, it does not occur when retrospect is open and we do a manual backup to the same mapped drive.

The OS is Win Xp Pro, Retrospect 6.5 Windows and the fileserver is running Windows Server 2000.

If you hve any further ideas, they are appreciated. In the meantime, I will try the filesearch suggestion and also run an automated backup while retrospect is open and active.

Archived