mailbox logon

Hello everyone, I need some help.

I cannot get access to my exchange mailbox container in retrospect 6.5 and exchange agent.

When I click on the container I get a dialog box asking to logon, it does not seem to matter what I put in the box, all I get is an error saying logon failed and the dialog box pops up again. What logon information is this asking for, and what privelages should that logon have.

I set an account for restrospect to use and logs in with that account, following the instructions found in the online help regarding security.

If anyone could help me out with this I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

mjsmith@doyleengineering.com

• 6 months later...

I have the same issue, even re-setup a RBU and made sure the account is a memeber of Domain Users, Administrators and Domain Admins as it points out in page 270 of the Retrospect Users Guide.

All clients are latest verson including Retrospect.

Still no joy!

Thanks for any more suggestions especially from anyone who has got this working blush.gif)

Steve

Hi

The first post in this thread makes it sound like this problem only happens when logging into mailboxes. Are you able to backup the entire exchange store or do you get the same login failure?

Is the "run retrospect as" user the same as the login information you are using for the exchange server?

Thanks

Nate

• 1 month later...

Got a solution!!!

It came about by accident thought, I've been in contact with Dantz Support for a couple of weeks trying various things to get it working...anyhow one day I was using Retrospect and it crashed on me, when I relauched the app it was like I was in a time warp, all my current scripts were gone, servers which were on my network a couple of years ago were back in the volumes.

What happened is that Retrospect couldnt use the configuration file (config65.dat) anymore as it became curputed so it used a backup version (config65.bak, explans the time warp) so now I can login to Exchange and see the mail boxes etc.

Have no idea how to do the above properly, thought I'd post it just incase it would help someone

Thanks natew and mayoff for your posts

Steve.

Steve.

Archived