"Trouble writing files, error -1410 (unknown)"

Hi all!

Gee, do I have a problem...!

I'm using cross-platforms: Retrospect 5.0.238 on a MA OS 9.1 running in a G3-clone. I'm trying to restore files from a DLT-tape to a PC-volume (ExtremeZ-IP -shared)...

"Trouble writing files, error -1410 (unknown)"

I haven't had any (?) problems before, until last week I got the error the first time. I was retrieving files as usual but certain files could not be retrieved due to the error above. What does it mean? Is there a way to even try to fix it? There a some pretty valuable files on those tapes...

I have two HP DLT-8000 drives and both of them say the same... what next?

Help needed! (didn't mean staff smile.gif)

TIA,

-G

[EDIT: The files I'm trying to restore are from a OS X, 10.3 volume, could this be a permission issue? /EDIT]

Problem solving.. smile.gif

The files I'm trying to retrieve are in a massive directory hierarchy, could THAT be the problem? The thing is I haven't stumbled in to this one before, in 8 years at least..

When I select the files seperately there's no problem. Is this possibly fixed in RS 6?

Thanks again,

-G

Quote:

AmyJ said:

Restore via the client software rather then via mounted volume (ExtremeZ). I'm not familiar with this software, and I don't think we've ever tested with it.

Is it still ok to backup shared volumes from a server which doesn't have a client? AppleTalk is so slow and we have a Mac/WinNT 4.0 environement...

-G

Archived