Error code elem.cpp-855 when trying to use license

Using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server. The Exchange license is shown as available (using the 6.5 multi-server edition). Can see the grayed out Exchange listing in VOLUMES; however, I end up getting a serious assertion error "elem.cpp-855". The latest patches and updates to Windows, Retrospect, and Exchange are always typically performed. This is my first attempt to setting up the backup for Exchange. The backup for SQL Server works fine. Any ideas? I've already tried reinstalls of Retrospect and the client with the same results. Both systems are Pentium3 or 4 with 1Gb RAM with over 75% of drive space free. There are no known errors occurring on either system. Any ideas on correcting error "elem.cpp-855" so I can try the Exchange backup? Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Hi

When you reinstalled the client you forgot the old one and logged in the new one again right?

Can you try a different log in name when you try to license the exchange server? Is the user you are running Retrospect as the same as the Exchange server log in? You might want to try making them the same.

Nate

Nate,

These have already been done. Thanks, though. Both systems are new clean installs. I searched the Internet on this error code and it showed old URLs to 2 other people that had experienced this same error; however, the URLs pointed to deleted items from a Dantz forum. Because the err starts will "elem", I'm suspicious that it's a licensing bug.

Jeff

Archived