Bar Codes

I have recently updated to Retrospect 6.0 for MacOS 10.2.8 and it has allowed me to start utilizing Bar Codes. My backup device is an HP SureStore DLT Library and allows me to label my tapes, but I am having trouble getting the label to correspond with the tape name because the dash is not being recognized. Is there a way to label the tape in Retrospect other than the given name once the backup set has been created? In otherwords, I create a Backup set name and then Retrospect tends to automatically name the tapes in that backup with the number of the tape, a dash, then the backup set name. Since the dash on the Bar Code is not recognized, Retrospect doesn't correspond what it reads on the Bar Code to the tape. So it doesn't automatically load the tape it is looking for when I leave it to run unattended. It tries to search based on the bar codes instead of reading the tape itself and can't find it. If I can't change the name of the tape in Retrospect, is there a way for me to change the bar code itself so that I can utilize the autoload feature?

Thanks . . . . But why is it, then, that when I am updating my catalog and leave it to run unattended, Retrospect can't find the next tape? They are loaded in the backup in sequence so it should always be the next tape, but Retrospect scans, loads, then ejects and keeps looking. For example, if it has just finished Tape 1-FL000 and needs 2-FL000 it should just have to read the very next tape to find it. Instead, it acts as though it is just looking at the barcode (labled 2FL000) and continues to search the rest of the tapes. Do I need to still use the Scan Tapes feature before I start anything so that the name of the tape becomes associated with the Bar Code? Or at what point do the two become connected?

Archived