error 1157 (unknown)

karelsf

One of our Windows clients has stopped responding to backup requests after faithfully backing up for several months. The server (Retro 4.3 (Mac)) reports "can't access CLIENT NAME(C:) -- error 1157 (unknown)". "Configure, Clients, Volumes" does connect to the client.

I can't find this error in the manual and the searchable Knowledgebase is down again. No previous information in this forum or searching google for "retrospect error 1157".

Anyone have ideas?

Are you able to do an immediate backup of that client?

Try forgetting the client from the client database, logging it in again, and then re-adding it to your scripts.

If you still have problems, try uninstalling and reinstalling the client software. The only articles I could find in Microsoft's knowledgebase on the error 1157 implicated corrupt software, often client software.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

reinstalling the client seems to have worked for the moment (doing immediate backup as I write this). Prior to reinstallation, both immediate and scheduled backups would fail.

In general, if we don't find error descriptions in the Knowledge Base, should we assume that they're the OS error codes "passed through" by Retrospect?

Archived