Disaster Recovery ISO Image CD will not Boot

Creemore

I Have a new Dell 4600 running Windows XP Home Edition.

I have a Maxstor One Touch 120 GB External Hard Drive which is working fine and it

came with Dantz retrospect full version 6.0. I received the new Maxstor drive and Dantz software on Jan 12 2004.

I followed the instructions "Preparing for Disaster Recovery - Windows 6.0 (Article ID: 27580) and created the ISO-9660 Image file using my Dell provided Reinstallation CD for Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition including Service Pack 1a. I then burned ISO image file

to a CD using ISO Recorder software. It worked fine and various files and folders were recorded to the CD.

I then used the setup function on my Dell to disable boot from Floppy and Hard drive and only the CD was to boot. I shut down computer and when it started up you could see it was trying to boot from the CD but would not. I tied it several times with no luck - I then had to reset boot sequence to get system to boot from Hard Drive so I could use the system again.

I then started a new creation for disaster Recovery but this time I did not use my Dell Windows CD but used the other option of selecting the file "txtsetup.sif" i386 folder of my

windows software through the browse function. This also created a new ISO-9660 Image

file. I then used this file to burn the new ISO file to a new CD.

Again it would not boot up.

Am I not doing something properly?

Would sure appreciate assistance on this matter

Thank you

Art Docherty

Meaford Ontario Canada

519-538-1542

amdocherty@bmts.com

Archived