XP Freezes using scheduled tape full system BU

NelsonStoll

Help!

I installed Retrospect 6.5 on a new computer running XP Pro in a small medical service office. For the first 4 months I scheduled a BU of a small daily dataset to CD-RW that ran automatically in the night. Perfect! I then added a Seagate Travan5 tape drive for a full system BU, scheduled to run twice a month to alternating tapes. It worked fine manually and some of the time when scheduled. XP would freeze in Retrospect when checking the drives. Sometimes when the next scheduled BU was to CD-RW and sometimes when the next was to tape. I found the XP freeze post and disabled System Restore. It still periodically freezes and I now need to have the office run the full system tape BU manually. This all takes place on one machine, no network BU. The staff logs on as STAFF w/o administrator priviledges. No error messages appear, only a freeze that requires a reboot. Task Manager is unavailable. Any ideas for a solution?

Hi

Do you have a card reader of any kind attached to the machine? If so try it with the card reader disconnected. What is the IDE setup like in this machine? Is it possible to put the travan drive by itself on the secondary controller? What type of hard disk controller is it?

Thanks

Nate

Archived