"Source unusable"

wysard

Getting "source unusable" from a listing of the Proactive Activity Monitor sources.. says it at the bottom, in the status area. Anyone? I've rebooted after uninstalling and reinstalling the client, no go. Client is a WinXP Pro system, server's working fine for everything else.

I'm actually not able to connect to the machine at all - the client is a Windows XP machine, and we're at the pre-deployment stage right now, so I thought I'd see how nicely the client removes/reinstalls itself - the system was backing up just fine before I played with it. I removed the client, everything seemed to go OK, and there was no prompt for rebooting, so I didn't. I reinstalled immediately afterwards, and the client was unconnectable-to (nice word smile.gif. So at that point, I did the whole uninstall/reboot, clean reg/reboot, reinstall/reboot, and I still can't connect to it.

Box is XP/SP1, NTFS, no blocking s/w of any kind.

By default, Windows XP's built-in Internet Connection Firewall restricts network access to many networking services including the Retrospect client.

When you install the Retrospect client 5.6 or later on systems with the Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall enabled, the installer automatically makes the required changes to allow Retrospect client communication.

Run the "retfwset.exe" utility, found in the Retrospect client directory (by default C:\Program Files\Dantz\Client), to allow Retrospect client communication. The uninstall/reinstall may not have configured the firewall correctly.

Got it... had to uninstall/reboot , clean every single reference to Retrospect/Dantz (as per the support section here) from the Registry and reboot, reinstalled, all is good.

I missed trashing Dantz from the registry the first time through.

Thanks once again. smile.gif

Archived