Using Perl as the eventhandler

I would like to use Perl grin.gif as the evenhanlder on our windows 2k Retro 6.5 Multiserver.

IIRC you can use any language you want, as long as it's supported by windows scripting host (or something like that)?

ActivePerl installs just this way (as well as being free -YAY- ). Am I correct in assuming that I can use Perl if I install ActivePerl then?

computer.gif

Increment,

You can use Activeperl or any perl but, I don' t think you can run it with out either turning it into a binary(.exe) or having a batch file execute it. There are some other scripting languages that are supported aswell but if you want to use perl then those are the easiest ways I can think of.

HTH

Thanks for the reply...

I already knew about calling it from a batch script.

It was ActivePerl specifically that caught my eye. Because it registers itself as a valid scripting language in WindowsScripting host, Retro shouldn't see a difference between it and a batch script or a VBS script or JScript. It's Windows Scripting Host that does all the work.

i.e. It should work like an executable.

This is what I'm thinking anyway. I'm just wondering if I'm wrong.

Of course, unless someone from Dantz wants to pipe in, I could just test it out.

Except that would require me to actually brew up a script.

computer.gif

Archived