Trouble in Retrospect error -812

I am running Mac OS 9.1 and I upgraded to Retrospect 5.0 work group. Had been currently running 4.3 with no problems. I now cannot do a complete backup up of my computers as I keep getting an error and then application quits all together. Any answers apart from going back to 4.3. Error below.

Troble in Retrospect

Internal consistency check failed

Assertion check at "elem.c-812"

Greetings,

Dantz has released a minor update to Retrospect Backup version 5.0 that all customers should download and install.

This update fixes a problem that caused all Retrospect Backup 5.0 editions running under Mac OS X to continually increase their memory usage while any LaunchCFMApp process was running. (LaunchCFMApp is a process used in Mac OS X to open Carbon applications.)

This update also fixes a problem that caused Retrospect Desktop, Workgroup, and Server Backup 5.0 editions running under Mac OS 9 to assert failure (with "elem.c-812") when backing up a client AppleShare IP Server or a client computer that has personal file sharing turned on. (This issue does not affect Retrospect Express installations.)

Retrospect Express 5.0 Updater:

ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/updates/Express_50203_Update.sit

Retrospect Desktop/Workgroup/Server 5.0 Updater:

ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/updates/Retrospect_50203_Update.sit

Thank you.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

so what are we supposed to do if after installing the patch we're still getting the -812 errors?

i still haven't had retrospect 5 run through one full backup yet, and it's been two weeks.

i've spent days on getting complete backup sets of machines just in case, but the whole point of an automated backup system is that you don't have to spend days working to get backups of machines.

Archived