Sign in to follow this  
jenlafer

Block the Retrospect Client for Users

We have installed Retrospect Server v5.6.127 and Retrospect client v4.3.

We have Pc's and Macintosh in our organization, so we need to make backup from both environments.

Now we have a question about the Retrospect clients. Is there any way to block the Retrospect Clients for users, so they can't be able to turn off the program or if there's any way to receive a notification when the users turn off the program in both environments.

Thanks and advice me when you have any answer.

Hi

There is no way to do this in Retrospect but you may be able to use windows utilities to do it.

An easy way would be to remove the retrospect client shortcut from the start menu in the all users profile. Not perfect but it would make it a little more difficult to find

Nate

For W2k or XP, or server-set policy: I assume that there's some local configuration file or registry tree entries for client On/Off settings. Will it work if these files or registry entries will be set to read-only, or restricted to administrator's rights? If so, which files/entries are these?

Hi

Sorry but I just don't know. I think you will have a hard time making certain client functions read only. I would use security polices in windows to make the client panel unavailable to users.

Nate