error 0xc80001f9

I am attempting to use the Exchange Agent on a Windows 2000 box running Exchange 5.5 sp3

Automatic and manual copies fail and an error displays with 0xc80001f9

This is the error from the log:

04/08/02 11:04 AM Immediate copy started

04/08/02 11:04 AM Error: Server copy of "Exchange DS Database" not started due to error -939523591

04/08/02 11:04 AM Error: Copy of "Exchange DS Database" not completed due to error -939523591

I'd first make absolutely sure that the Agent was set to look for Exchange 5.5 databases. To do that, right-click on the little red "d" square in the Agent's title bar. "Select Microsoft Exchange Version..." should be one of the choices. Choose it and verify that the Agent is indeed looking for Exchange 5.5 data (because the APIs and calls are different for the different databases between Exchange versions).

If that seems normal, does the Event log show anything with regard to the failed database copy?

• 2 months later...

What timing. I just ran into this myself. For my install its Exchange 2000 and yes its set up for the correct API's. Retro. log is empty.

I did notice the copy to location showed the files being copied and the file sizes grew during copying. But they disapeared.

I upgraded from the DEMO. I just entered the serial numbers into both app's. I'm going to re-install from the CD and see what happens. Dantz says it does not include the agent with the demo. I assumed this ment you don't get a demo key to try it out.

Duh, just noticed that I have only 1GB remaining on the c:\. Trying it again on another partion. hope this works. Its Fri and I want to go home.

Archived