Network

tonydicello

I'm new to this forum so bear with me if has been asked recently.

I would like to back-up my Mac running OS 9.1 to a network server. I have no problem backing up to the network server if I'm logged onto the server, but I'm looking for a way to have retrospect do this automatically. Does retrospect have built in capabilities to mount a network server do the back-up and log off the network? The network server does not have Retrospect installed, but the computer being backed up does.

Help anyone

Tony

Even easier: let Retrospect do it for you!

While you have the volume mounted, go the Retrospect's Configure Volumes screen. Highlight the server, and from the volumes menu at the top of the screen, select "Configure" and enter your user name and password.

Retrospect will automatically mount the server volume when required for backup and unmount it at the finish.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

As a matter of fact it does work on Retrospect 4.0, however after Retrospect quit the remote volumes stayed connected. To unmount them I used the following code in my Retrospect Event Handler:

on RetrospectQuit()

tell application "Finder"

put away (disks whose local volume is false)

end tell

end RetrospectQuit

Maybe your Retrospect X does not need this.

The OS X Preview Version Read Me does say that duplicating and restoring to mounted network volumes are not supported in this release. The problem you are seeing may be related to that, and likely deserves a bug report.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Archived