Problem backing up IP Appleshare 6.3 Server

You might want to go through this forum and find at least 3 other threads on this subject. It is a problem with Retrospect. Supposedly they are working on a pacth to fix it. I have been unable to back up my AppleshareIP server ever since I installed Retro 5. I was able to mount the AppleshareIP server on the backup machine yesterday and do a backup that way. But, I am sure I am not backing up permissions or anything like that.

Jeff

Greetings,

Dantz has released a minor update to Retrospect Backup version 5.0 that all customers should download and install.

This update fixes a problem that caused all Retrospect Backup 5.0 editions running under Mac OS X to continually increase their memory usage while any LaunchCFMApp process was running. (LaunchCFMApp is a process used in Mac OS X to open Carbon applications.)

This update also fixes a problem that caused Retrospect Desktop, Workgroup, and Server Backup 5.0 editions running under Mac OS 9 to assert failure (with "elem.c-812") when backing up a client AppleShare IP Server or a client computer that has personal file sharing turned on. (This issue does not affect Retrospect Express installations.)

Retrospect Express 5.0 Updater:

ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/updates/Express_50203_Update.sit

Retrospect Desktop/Workgroup/Server 5.0 Updater:

ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/updates/Retrospect_50203_Update.sit

Thank you.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Archived