509 error on all Red Hat 9 clients

Hello,

I just installed these v6.5 clients from RPM yesterday. I can add them into my client list, I can connect to them, but cannot view their volumes from my Retrospect 6.5 server. I get an error 509 Can't track volumes (unknown service). What does this mean? Is this a limitation?

I haven't performed a real backup with them yet - that will happen today. Please let me know if you have more info.

My best,

Dan

I haven't actually tried RH 9 but there's a good chance the problem has to do with its use of NPTL (Native Posix Thread Library), which has given a lot of threaded applications problems.

I'm afraid I don't know any way to fix it without re-building the application (or switching to a different distribution). I'm using SuSE 8.2 with good results so far (see the Linux Mac client thread).

Hi

It is not "supported" but I have the client running fine on my RH 9 box. What is your disk setup like? i.e. what is mounted when you try to log in the client? Have you tried removing the retroclient.state file and logging it in again?

Nate

• 1 month later...

Archived