Mayoff

Debian package for the Retrospect client for Linux

I have built a 64-bit .DEB package, which has worked just fine so far on two ubuntu machines, if anyone wants it.

Yes please!

I fudged one together that worked on my Ubuntu 10.04 build a few years ago, but since upgrading to 12.04, it's no dice.

Working on building for Ubuntu 12.04 also.  Installed the i386 libs and edited debian control, but I'm getting this output from debian/rules

dh_testdir
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_prep
dh_installdirs
dh_installdocs
dh_installchangelogs
find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -not -name debian -print0 | \
		xargs -0 -r -i cp -a {} debian/retroclient
dh_compress
dh_makeshlibs
dh_installdeb
dh_shlibdeps
dh_gencontrol
dpkg-gencontrol: error: must specify package since control info has many ()
dh_gencontrol: dpkg-gencontrol -ldebian/changelog -Tdebian/retroclient.substvars -Pdebian/retroclient returned exit code 255
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 25

Any pointers from those who have succeeded?

Well, I re-did it on a different Ubuntu 12.04 system and it worked!

alien retroclient-75_linux.rpm

Warning: Skipping conversion of scripts in package retroclient: postinst postrm preinst prerm

Warning: Use the --scripts parameter to include the scripts.

retroclient-75_linux.rpm is for architecture i386 ; the package cannot be built on this system

Does not work for me. How did you get past alien

FatherShawn

I have it on a number of Debian machines. I manually pulled the files from the package and created (well adapted another) init file. You also have to install 32 bit libraries on a 64 bit system.

It makes a mockery of the claim to support Linux clients when really they don't - providing a couple of out of date installers that don't support the majority of installations doesn't really count IMO. There's no excuse (other than "can't be a**ed") for not providing 32 and 64 bit clients in both RPM and DEB formats which would cover the majority of current Linux systems.