Very cranky new user - almost no support!

marcp

Hello all,

I've just started a new job and have been given the task of getting the backup strategy in order. My new employer used Retrospect 5.1, and uses file backups on removable drives. They had been using immediate backups and wanted a script to manage things.

Since implementing the script we've been having problems shutting down. As a first step to solving that we upgraded to the current version, which didn't help.

Now, I tried calling tech support but after 45 minutes on hold I gave up. Then I went through the very painful web support page and for my efforts I was told I would receive a reply within 3 days! IS THAT IT??? Backup software is mission critical, 3 days can be a lifetime.

yours,

Marc Pelletier

Goldak Exploration

Please post your specific technical question so that we can try and answer it. What happens when you try to shutdown? What system version are you running? What type of computer is this?

Are you getting a specific error?

5.1 is the current Mac version and 6.5 is the current Windows version. Are you on Mac or Windows? I am unclear.

Sorry Mayoff, somehow the last part of what I intended to post didn't get through, finger trouble.

My intention with this post was to ask other users whether the peer support available here made up for what seems to be extremely underwhelming support by Dantz. In another thread I created about my specific problem you have already provided the answer, so it would appear that despite protestations to the contrary this is the official Dantz support mechanism.

Thanks for your prompt replies to both posts.

Marc Pelletier

Archived