LaCie 24X drives

I have a LaCie CD-R drive (CDBP-241040A U&I) that uses the Sanyo 24X mechanism. Last December you replied to a support query as follows:

“The 24x drives (U&I and SCSI) are still being tested. They have a different internal mechanism then the other drives. The 24x drives utilize a Sanyo mechanism, while the others do not.

We have traditionally not been able to offer support for drives with Sanyo mechanisms, as they did not meet with our standards. After working with the manufacturer for better support, we certainly hope that this will be changed. We won't qualify a drive that doesn't meet our quality standards - if it doesn't perform reliably, it won't be on the list.”

It is now eight months later and I still see no qualification for this drive.

My questions: Will this device ever be qualified? Will the custom CD configuration feature added to Retrospect Desktop 5.1 allow me to use this device?

Hi

If Dantz released such a specific statement it probably means they tested this drive but ran into problems along the way. As the drive is still not supported it is safe to say that those problems likely still exist. I would download the Trial version of Retrospect 5.1 and give the auto configurator a try

Nate

Archived