Building custom Selectors

I'm running Retrospect Desktop 5.0.201 for Mac under OS X 10.1.3

What is the right way to specify a path name in a selector? I want to specify a partial path to a folder, something like MyDisk:Users:Fred:Mail, but Retrospect refuses to make a match. I can put each word in the path into a separate selector then 'and' them together but that isn't as precise as an exact path.

I know I can make multiple subvolumes but maintaining more than a few of those is difficult. If two subvolumes end with the same word, "Mail" for example, its difficult to tell exactly which is which. A selector seems to be the right way to specify multiple folders.

I've tried colons and slashes as separators and lots of variations of "starts with", "contains", "ends with" and "matches" conditions without success.

Try this: go to Configure > Volumes and browse your hard drive. Highlight only the folder that you want to use, and from the browser menu, select Save Highlights. Give your new selector a name and save it. This creates a selector for only the items that you have highlighted, based on path name.

Archived