Upgrade from Retrospect 6.0 to 6.5 (Windows) - now a major issue..

I purchased the Multi-Server Retrospect 6.5 upgrade this morning. Ran the upgrade on our backup server and everything went fine.

However, now it cannot see half of the backup clients out there (ran the client upgrade and rebooted the machines), and the other clients are showing up in the client list 5 or 6 different times.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brian Rudnicke

The same clients are showing up 5 or 6 times? That sounds like damaged Retrospect Preferences or something like it.

Quit Retrospect. Go to Documents and settings/all users/application data/Retrospect and move all of the config_ and config6.x files to the desktop. Launch Retrospect and login the clients again. What happens?

Hi.

Followed the instructions. When I go to add clients to Retrospect, they are there, but there are multiple listings for the same machine.

It appears the amount of listings per machine is directly related to the number of IP addresses the machine has bound to it. FOr instance, we have one web server that has 15 IP addresses, and Retrospect is showing 15 clients listed for this machine.

How do I get away from this?

Thanks,

Brian Rudnicke

• 3 weeks later...

Archived