Pioneer A05 DVD-RW in Sarotech External CASE.

I'm looking at upgrading to Retrospect 5, and i want to backup to a DVD-Burner.

The DVD Burner is a Pioneer A05 DVD-R/DVD-RW housed in a Sarotech External FireWire & USB Case.

The device isn't listed on the Dantz website, but i was wondering if anyone is using this device with Retrospect 5 for Mac.

Any information would be a lot of help. Thanks!

Third party adapters that convert storage devices from the original interface to FireWire or USB can cause communication issues between your storage device and Retrospect. Therefore, Dantz does not support the use of any stand-alone adapters with Retrospect software. This includes, but is not limited to:

SCSI to FireWire

SCSI to USB

ATAPI to USB

ATAPI to FireWire

Dantz also does not support swapping drive enclosures to fit you configuration. For example, removing a drive from a SCSI enclosure and putting it into a FireWire enclosure that contains an adapter would not be supported.

Many drive makers sell ATAPI storage devices inside firewire cases. Before supporting these configurations, DantzLab tests these storage devices for compatibility.

Please visit our Backup Hardware Compatibility list to find a compatible drive for your configuration: http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=compatibility_list

Archived