" No files need to be copied " after 5.6 to 6.5 upgrade

klebouitz

I upgraded Retro 5.6 Desktop to 6.5 Pro 3 weeks ago. Although it seemed to be working correctly (running the backup scripts, searching for files and using the tape drive), I noticed that it was only storing Snapshots and always copied 0 files. It is amazing to look at the log and seeing all backups having many Megs of files backed up Pre6.5 upgade and then seeing every backup newer than the upgrade saying " No files need to be copied " . Any advice?

After contacting Dantz, it looks like my problem was most likely caused by the script's selectors from 5.6 not really updating correctly to 6.5. You would never know that the selectors did not properly update by looking at them since they appeared to be fine. In any case, I went into the script, wrote down the selectors (which aren't small since I have been building them over the years), then manually deleted all of the selectors (note, I did not delete any scripts), and rebuilt the selectors manually. Looks like the backups are running fine now, but it sure is a major hassle.

Archived