Error 525: Name/Login Conflict

I am having trouble finding out how to fix error 525 that I got over the weekend. I checked the faq and it has the error code listed with a link to find out how it is caused or possibly a suggestion to fix it. WhenI click on this link it just takes me back to the top of the same page so it seems to be going in an infinite loop. I checked the client on my server and there are no errors listed there. It is simply listed as responding as it should be. I checked the client and it seems to be find there so I am not sure how this is caused.

Could it be something to the fact that I do or don't have a password set or that the password is being cached when I set the client to not have a password for the server to log in as? Can it be cacheing a name somewhere as if someone else named the client on another machine the same as this one?

Please let me know what I can do to solve this.

Thanks

Usually this error appears when a client is not logged in after Retrospect has been uninstalled and re-installed or client software has been replaced. On the backup computer go to Configure Clients, select the client experiencing the problem, and then Forget the client. Click Add to go to the live network window and add the client . Then add the client to your scripts.

Archived