Error -36???

I have a Mac G4/733 running OS 9.2.2 and an extra internal seagate 50gig scsi drive. I am using retrospect desktop 4.3 with updated drivers. I backup to a Ecrix VXA Tape drive. I tried backing up the seagate drive on several occasions and keep getting an error -36 I/O error bad media on every file that I tried to backup. I tried different tapes and all had the same problem. I have checked the troubleshooting in the manual and it said to run disk setup>test disk. After a couple of hours test disk said that it did not find any problems. I have also checked the drive with Norton Utilites and it found NO problems. I am really confused. I can backup from my other hard drives with no problems it is just this 50 gig seagate drive. For any other read or write on this drive it is fine, just with retrospect it does not want to backup. Any help would be great...Thanks...

The -34 volume full means that the destination volume or the volume containing the Retrospect catalog file is full. What is the exact text from the operations log? it will lend a clue.

For the -36 error, that is an indication of a bad block on the disk. Try running the test/verify found in drive setup.

Archived