-1118 cannot make directory - Can't add another session to Backup Set

Hello. I am so far pretty happy with Retropect server on my SBS 2k install. I just recv. an error that shows up in the Backup Report as "-1118 cannot make directory " then when I click on it I end up at the Operation Log where it says

- 3/27/2003 8:00:14 PM: Copying Dell Server (C:)

Can't add another session to Backup Set

(limited to 5,000 sessions)

3/27/2003 8:04:22 PM: Execution incomplete

Duration: 00:04:06 (00:04:06 idle/loading/preparing)

What is meant by this error? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have used the search function on your KB area and these forums and found zelch?!

Thanks,

Mauricio Borgen

Quote:

Can't add another session to Backup Set

(limited to 5,000 sessions)

What is meant by this error?

I hate to ask the obvious - but how many sessions do you have? You may have reached a limit to the size of your backup set. Go to Configure > Backup Sets and get properties on your backup set for information.

Thanks for the post but I was looking for a RESOLUTION to the error not a repeitition of the obvious.

I will read the manual and suggest your KB offer solutions for the ERRORS rather than a defininition of the error code which is useful to a point in troubleshotting. Thanks for the input and I will post my fix. I guess a RTFM is in order I just posted this since I am quite busy with multiple clients and figured a Dantz PRO could point out something other than the obvious.

Thanks.

Archived