Sign in to follow this  
mborgen

-1118 cannot make directory - Can't add another session to Backup Set

Hello. I am so far pretty happy with Retropect server on my SBS 2k install. I just recv. an error that shows up in the Backup Report as "-1118 cannot make directory " then when I click on it I end up at the Operation Log where it says

- 3/27/2003 8:00:14 PM: Copying Dell Server (C:)

Can't add another session to Backup Set

(limited to 5,000 sessions)

3/27/2003 8:04:22 PM: Execution incomplete

Duration: 00:04:06 (00:04:06 idle/loading/preparing)

What is meant by this error? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have used the search function on your KB area and these forums and found zelch?!

Thanks,

Mauricio Borgen

Quote:

Can't add another session to Backup Set

(limited to 5,000 sessions)

What is meant by this error?

I hate to ask the obvious - but how many sessions do you have? You may have reached a limit to the size of your backup set. Go to Configure > Backup Sets and get properties on your backup set for information.

Thanks for the post but I was looking for a RESOLUTION to the error not a repeitition of the obvious.

I will read the manual and suggest your KB offer solutions for the ERRORS rather than a defininition of the error code which is useful to a point in troubleshotting. Thanks for the input and I will post my fix. I guess a RTFM is in order I just posted this since I am quite busy with multiple clients and figured a Dantz PRO could point out something other than the obvious.

Thanks.

The resolution would be to recycle or create new backup sets more frequently so they do not approach the 5000 session limit.

Thanks