Sorry if this is already mentionned somewhere, but I'm not sure what to do to upgrade our Restropect licenses.

We have a Retrospect 4.3 server with a mix of 1, 5, and 10 license packs. I have purchased, downloaded and installed the Retrospect 5.0 Workgroup upgrade on a Mac OS X Server. I saw that it comes with a 20 user license pack. But I can't add my previous license codes to the 5.0 version. The license codes are not recognized.

Do we have to purchase new license codes for version 5.0, can we upgrade? What is the price of upgrading and how can we upgrade for all of them at the same time?

Thanks.

You can't use your old codes with the 5.0 application. The Workgroup upgrade upgrade the application and 20 of your clients. If you wish to upgrade more clients, you can either upgrade to the Server version (which gives you a total of 100 clients) or you can pay to upgrade exactly as many clients as you have now. To do this, call customer service at 877.222.5870. [Please note that hold times are longer than usual now due to a very high call volume for the 5.0 release.]

I just upgraded to Retrospect Server with 100 licences.

In my "Clients" window, it still shows certain pre-5 license codes as being associated certain clients. When I go to the License Manger window, it lists all previous license codes as "too old".

Can I delete those old licenses without losing the client definitions?

Ok thanks IrenaS. When you say : "you can either upgrade to the Server version ", does that mean that I only now have to pay for the difference between the cost I paid for the Workgroup upgrade version (199$) and the Server upgrade version (349$) to get the server version? If yes, then I should call?

Yes and yes. Basically, you should "return" the Workgroup upgrade that you purchased and get the Server upgrade instead. From your end, you'll just pay the difference.

Note that this upgrade path is available for a limited time only!

Hope that helps!

Archived